[Xastir] Black online maps

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 13:07:14 EDT 2009

> I might have missed this, but did you remove the ubuntu installed version of
> GraphicsMagick before trying to re-build?

I didn't mention this, but yes, I removed the GraphicsMagick packages
before installing my build.

I'm not sure how to reproduce this problem, or where my install could
have gone wrong. I've been using shapefiles for a few months and when
I tried a raster map again it was black. Raster maps used to work...
I've had xastir installed on this system for years. Originally the
system was Ubuntu 8.04, but I have upgrade to 8.10 and then to 9.04. I
discovered the black raster maps yesterday. I was planning to update
xastir anyway, so I started with fresh cvs sources, the packages
recommended on http://www.xastir.org/wiki/index.php/HowTo:Ubuntu_9.04
and built xastir. At that point it was using the Ubuntu imagemagick
package, but I later switched to graphicsmagick from sources and I
still see black raster maps.

Hmm, maybe it broke when I installed the Nvidia video card. A few
weeks ago I switched from on-board video to an Nvidia 7600GT and
Nvidia restricted drivers. I could remove the card for a test.

Tom KD7LXL