[Xastir] Black online maps

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 17:54:52 EDT 2009

--- On Wed, 9/2/09, Tom Hayward  wrote:

> I didn't mention this, but yes, I removed the
> GraphicsMagick packages
> before installing my build.

Silly question:  Do you use the transparency feature in your .geo files?  Use something like Gimp to see if the "black" is truly RGB(0,0,0) or if it's something like RGB(1,1,1).  I had this happen a few times with the RIDGE radar images from the NWS.  The "black" wasn't really black anymore, it was just slightly above all zeros causing the transparency to fail (I had transparency set to 0x000000) and Xastir rendered the not-quite-black as is.  Once I changed the transparency to match the "new black", it looked normal again.