[Xastir] Object howto?

Michael J. Wolthuis wolthui3 at msu.edu
Fri Sep 11 22:41:29 EDT 2009

I read the Objects and Items help file, but I am confused on one thing.

I made an object for our local hamfest tomorrow.  I want it to transmit
about every 15-20mins or so until I delete it tomorrow after the hamfest.

The help file says to use the time in File/Configure/Timers.  It says
they are transmitted at a decaying rate up to the max interval.

So max TX interval I set to 15mins.  Will it transmit then starting
quick and then backing off until it is roughly every 15 mins?  It will
stay beaconing until I delete it tomorrow?

Mike
kb8zgl