[Xastir] version 1.9.4 on Ubuntu Mint

ml41782 ml41782 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 14:11:00 EDT 2009

Its working now.
I have come to the conclusion of never trust Linux to stay static. reguardless of the flavor. Redhat, debian, Ubuntu and a couple of others. I have seen them all revert to a dhcp address even though they have a static IP assigned to them.

The problem today that I found was that the box on 08SEP reverted to DHCP. since the IGATE was still functional it never set an alarm to check it it further. I noticed the weather station was down and thats when I found that the udp client wasn't working. The shell script was working on a cron tab and the code string was right.
No changes have taken place on the firewall. It had to be an outside problem right ? wrong, My IP had gone DHCP on me on that box.

Mike K4MQF