[Xastir] IGate Different Question

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Wed Sep 23 22:14:27 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 12:55:20PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <joe at lightningflash.net> flavor, containing:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Curt, WE7U <archer at eskimo.com> wrote:

> > Can javaprssrvr filter out all but a few callsigns as was originally
> > requested?
>
> There are numerous filter options, so I believe it ought to be possible.

javAPRSsrvr is the same software that is used by all the APRS-IS servers.
Since it's possible to use a filtered port and specify a filter with only
"b/callsign" options, you get exactly that.

> > Javaprssvrv is free, but not open-source as I understand.
>
> Seems to be the case. :-(

Unless you're planning on hacking it, what difference does it make?

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation