[Xastir] Newbie Xastir question

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 15:32:42 EDT 2009

On 9/26/09, Josh Smith <juicewvu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Everyone,
> I installed xastir this morning and have been playing around with it.
> however I am not able to get any data to display on the screen.  I
> have added a "internet interface" and pointed it toward
> rotate.xarps.net.  What do I need to do to actually get the objects to
> start displaying on my map?

If you are using a filter like "m/200", the internet server needs to
know where you are, so it won't send any data until you transmit.  You
can force a transmit using "Interface"-"Transmit Now" in the menu.

Also, you need a passcode entered in the internet interface setup.
You generate a passcode for your call sign by entering the command
callpass followed by your call sign in a terminal window.

Finally I would start with a single internet server such as
first.aprs.net.  That way, you can access the server via
http://first.aprs.net:14501/ and scroll down the list and see if you
are logged in.  Once you have it working on one server, then
rotate.aprs.net should work.

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX