[Xastir] Xastir on OS X

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Sat Sep 26 21:52:36 EDT 2009

I had xastir running on my Mac (PPC, OS X 10.4.11) for quite a while
but had removed it (I don't remember why) and installed 1.9.5 today.
Compilation went fine, but when I try to run it I get:
Built-in map types:
       gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
        pop   USGS GNIS Datapoints w/population
        map   APRSdos Maps
        map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
        pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
        geo   Image Map (ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library, many
formats allowed)
        geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
        shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
        tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
        xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
        tab   MapInfo TAB
        mid   MapInfo MID
        mif   MapInfo MIF
        ddf   Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS)
        rt1   US Census Bureau TIGER/Line
        s57   International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) S-57
        dgn   MicroStation DGN

Error: Couldn't find per display information

I don't think I had seen that error previously.  Any ideas?

Bob, N7XY