[Xastir] Wx alerts

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Sep 29 13:43:16 EDT 2009

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Eric Christensen wrote:

> I haven't watched the stream lately but last night you should have
> seen eastern Virginia light up.

I don't like entire areas to light up!  That means problems for
somebody.

> I often wonder about the weather server.  There is no redundancy AFAIK
> in that system.

Last I heard WXSVR was down, maybe it came back up though when I
wasn't looking.  There was a partial replacement for it up and
running in late July by somebody else.  It'd be good for the
replacement system to have backups, since the whole reason for it
having been coded is that the original system bit the dust.