[Xastir] Maritime Charts on Xastir

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Sep 29 14:05:08 EDT 2009

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

>> In what format?  Shapefile?
>
> Yep. I had lots of shapefiles; not sure if that's a result of how I
> selected the area, how the data is organized, or (I suspect) both.
>
> I expected to see some lines representing contours (or whatever
> they're called when they're underwater), but didn't notice any lines
> or polygons on the map.  The string "poly" did show up in some
> filenames, though.

Use some of the Shapefile utilities to show you what's in there.  It
might have been an oddball coordinate system for one
(township/range/section in feet?).  Points/lines/polygons should
show up in Xastir if the coordinates are in a reasonable format.

Separate issue:  You'll probably need a custom dbfawk file to match
the signature to get labels displayed properly.