[Xastir] Xastir on OS X

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Tue Sep 29 16:59:09 EDT 2009

On Sep 29, 2009, at 12:57 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Sep 2009, Bob Nielsen wrote:
>
>> This is on the same machine (no firewall) where Xastir is
>> installed so ssh isn't an issue.  I made a script, but it is a
>> simple call to /usr/local/bin/xastir.  It won't start from the
>> script and I see that error when running from a terminal with my
>> normal account login.
>
> So you're trying to make it tough on us eh?
>
> What has changed on the system since Xastir ran successfully?

I updated some of the macports libraries several months ago.

> Have you tried doing the bootstrap.sh;./configure;make;make install
> on that system lately to see if maybe some of the libraries may have
> changed?  I don't think that'll fix it, but it's worth a shot 'cuz
> it's easy.

I didn't run the bootstrap.sh script before the other steps.  I just
tried it again (with bootstrap.sh) but the result is the same:

mac:~ bob$ xastir

Built-in map types:
       gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
        pop   USGS GNIS Datapoints w/population
        map   APRSdos Maps
        map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
        pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
        geo   Image Map (ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library, many
formats allowed)
        geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
        shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
        tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
        xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
        tab   MapInfo TAB
        mid   MapInfo MID
        mif   MapInfo MIF
        ddf   Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS)
        rt1   US Census Bureau TIGER/Line
        s57   International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) S-57
        dgn   MicroStation DGN

Error: Couldn't find per display information