[Xastir] Installing Xastir 1.9.9 on Ubuntu

John Wilson kc4lzn at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 13:18:40 EDT 2010

Being new to Linux, I have been simply amazed at some of the simple
things in Linux. Packaged with it was Xastir 1.9.4. It loaded and I
worked it with no issues. When I found out that Open Source Maps were
available and usable in version 1.9.9, I made the switch...or have been
trying to.

I have compiled, configured and installed and have hit a brick wall. It
has to do with the Motif Headers.**** NO MOTIF HEADERS FOUND ****

I downloaded openmotif-2.3.0.tar.gz and extracted it to a folder. Ran
./configure. It seemed to do what it needed to do but apparently not,
otherwise I wouldn't be getting the errors I am.

Is there a "checklist" I can run down to see that I have everything I
need and if I don't have it, a point where I can get it to properly
install version 1.9.9?

73 John