[Xastir] Installing Xastir 1.9.9 on Ubuntu/Debian

Scott Evans scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org
Mon Aug 2 16:36:11 EDT 2010

I'm now running Debian sid and the ubuntu howto works just fine, the
only thing I do is to compile the gdal (1.7.2), libgeotiff (1.3.0) and
proj (4.7.0) from source, then no extra config flags are required.
Although I haven't attempted to do this on Debian lenny there may be
some package versions that have different numbers in them, but its not
to hard to figure that out if needed.

It also appears that the Amateur Radio group for maintaining Debian
packages seems to be a little on the quiet side! if there are any on
this list, I'm interested in helping where I can, as I've recently
become the maintainer for another project.

--
Scott Evans <scott at vk7hse.hobby-site.org>