[Xastir] Installing Xastir 1.9.9 on Ubuntu/Debian

David Aitcheson david.aitcheson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 21:01:56 EDT 2010

Kamal,

As Curt WE7U said in a separate email... "VERY"

I wish I had a magic wand that would make the Xastir development
community and the _entire Linux ham community_ join together in one
place and use only one standard file structure; and one common email
reflector.

APRS objects and thus Xastir objects and subsequently Xastir program
development move at very fast speeds (like ISS speed!) so if everyone
is not tuned into the same frequency or email reflector then some well
get left in the dust.

As I said, I am going back to college/university in three weeks thus
ham radio and I are taking a break from each other while classes are
in session.  I hope everyone can figure out how to keep things moving
forward and keep the lines of communication open; after all this is
ham radio, we communicate when no-one else can.

73
Dave
KB3EFS

--