[Xastir] Open Street Map Shapefiles (vector maps)

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 11:19:28 EDT 2010

Thanks Curt.  I hope to check 'em out in a week or three.

I've been watching Jerry's fine work with online OSM, but I need to be
able to operate offline, and I'd like to do it on smaller system with
few resources, and vector maps fit the bill pretty well.

I do plan to give the cached/downloaded OSM tiles a look-see, too.  At
least one of my portable systems may have enough disk space to make
them feasible.

Thanks to all the developers, not only for slick new features, but for
slogging through the work of keeping up with OS changes, support
library changes, and all that not-at-all fun stuff that is required to
_keep_ us running.

-Jason
kg4wsv