[Xastir] Installing Xastir 1.9.9 on Ubuntu

Jerry Dunmire jerry at dunmire.org
Thu Aug 5 16:03:47 EDT 2010

Something to watch out for on Ubuntu. During the 7.x series they
changed the default shell from bash to dash. dash is not bash and
scripts that require bash functionality and do not specify
'#!/bin/bash' at the top of the script will fail in wild and wonderful
ways.

Personally, the first thing I do after a new Ubuntu install is run:
   $ sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash
and tell it to NOT install dash as /bin/sh. Of course this is contrary
to Ubuntu recommendations.

73,
...jerry
KA6HDL