[Xastir] cloudmade shapefile segfault

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 13:03:20 EDT 2010

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010, Jon K Hellan wrote:

> xastir segfaults when I enable norway_highway.shp from the map chooser.

I just downloaded and tried that set.

There's a problem with the norway_administrative set, as it has only
a dbf file and no .shp or .shx file to go with it.  As far as Xastir
is concerned it ignores it, probably 'cuz there's no .shp file.

I ran shpinfo/dbfinfo on all of them and the numbers matched for
each set.  That was my first concern as I've downloaded Shapefile
sets elsewhere in the past and had differing numbers of objects in
the files.  Xastir doesn't like that.  They're supposed to match
else it's a corrupted Shapefile set.

I managed to duplicate the segfault you're getting when I had all of
the Norway Shapefiles selected and then zoomed in near Oslo.  I
narrowed that problem down to the highway shapefile when I zoom in.
Zoom 248 is ok, zooming in one more blows things up.

Looking at the dbf file contents using dbfdump, there are a lot of
lines like this:

TYPE           NAME     ONEWAY   LANES
unclassified   (NULL)   (NULL)   (NULL)

I'll have to see if Xastir doesn't like all the nulls.  It should
handle them gracefully.  Hopefully I'll have a fix into CVS shortly.