[Xastir] [tiling] reading tiles slow

Jerry Dunmire jerry at dunmire.org
Tue Aug 17 12:29:54 EDT 2010

If there were a way to switch projections that would likely be better,
but I didn't see any support in the code for such a switch. Maybe I
missed something?

Of course there would still be a problem when combining bitmaps from
different projections, UTM is far different than Mercator and that is
only two of several possible projections. One of the combined maps
would be slow to load. On the other hand, combining bitmaps might not
be a common and useful enough feature and perhaps it should be dropped
in order to speed up the load times.

...jerry