[Xastir] Xastir and Netbooks

Peter Gamache/KC0TFB peter+aprs at duonet.net
Thu Aug 19 14:17:35 EDT 2010

I have four Acer Aspire Ones and they work just fine.  Models AOA-150,
AOD-150 and AOD-250.  They run Xubuntu 10.04 (not the netbook remix).
I've only tried Soundmodem on the A-150 (the eldest model), however I
suspect they all work.

Keep in mind that with a $200 PC, there are going to be some quality
sacrifices with the hardware.  Notably, I had to resolder the headphone
jack (located on a daughterboard) on the AOA-150, it had a cold joint that
produced crackly output.  After doing so, it works great.

Regards,
Peter, KC0TFB