[Xastir] Install on openSUSE 11.3 64bit

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 21:34:21 EDT 2010

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010, Kevin J. Hogan wrote:

> Is there a install wiki for installing Xastir on 11.3 64 bit?

Nope.  You could follow the 11.0 one for nearly everything and come
close though.

I've got six 11.3 systems running now, two 32-bit and four 64-bit,
with Xastir installed on four of them.

The main tricks are:

*) Add the OpenSUSE ham repository in Yast2

*) Use this configure line:

   ./configure CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/libgeotiff"

*) As configure complains about not finding something, add that
package via yast and then re-run configure.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

If you have any real difficulties anywhere along the way, give me a
yell and I'll help.