[Xastir] Open Streets Maps help

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Tue Aug 31 04:00:35 EDT 2010

On Aug 30, 2010, at 12:50 PM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> For getting the raster maps going:  Tell us what the startup message
> from Xastir says (start it from an Xterm or similar terminal
> window), and tell us what the Help->About->Libraries used: line says
> inside Xastir itself.  Most likely you're missing a library that
> Xastir depends on.  Maybe Jeremy can jump in with an idea or two as
> well.

I compile Xastir with nearly all of the options available.  The only ones I don't compile with are Festival and gpsman because neither are appropriate for the Mac platform.  The libraries that are necessary are are shipped as part of the package, and nothing needs to be installed beyond just dropping the executable in place (it even uses an internal version of libcurl to make sure there are no compatibility problems between the system version and the one necessary for xastir).

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com