[Xastir] Xastir with D72 worked for me

Kurt Savegnago ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 11 07:14:47 EST 2010

Hmmmmm,

  I used the stock initiation file for the D7 and Xastir worked for
me. It's the one that comes with Xastir. Now if someone knows of a better
command string to initiate the program, I'd be all ears.

  I simply plugged the 72 in a USB port, turned it on and made sure it
was on packet.  Did a dmesg command in a terminal and saw it was connected.
Fired up Xastir and tried the KISS file I use for the TNC-X. It said "UP"
and the command to transmit was seen on the "Incoming Data" screen but
nothing was transmitted or plotted.  Not necessarily a surprise there.

  I then used the stock tnc-startup.thd7 and tnc-stop.thd7 that comes with Xastir and it communicated just like it does with my D7A(g).

  I've only had it 2 days and just tried it.  Mine worked with the stock
D7 initiation string.  I'm game if someone comes up with a better or more efficient string to use.  I'm too dumb to be a TNC programmer.:-)

                                Kurt KC9LDH