[Xastir] MediaWiki and PRE tag

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:03:56 EST 2010

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010, Chuck Byam wrote:

> There was a problem with a symbolic link while trying to
> "beautify" urls.  I think it's fixed now.

Thanks!

1) While we have your attention, can we do something about the spam
problem that has occurred irregularly since the last Wiki tweaks?
We evidently have human operators creating temp accounts so they can
add a small amount of link spam to pages here and there.  Tom has
caught this already on a few pages and reverted the pages.

2) Is there some way that I or others could back up the web pages as
they exist now, in case something were to happen to you?  I've had
instances several times in the last couple of years where key people
or systems have disappeared on me and I've had to re-create data.  I
just re-built some pages from a defunct Wiki in the last week as a
matter of fact.

3) I'd also like to do some work on backing up the SourceForge
items, every feature we currently use.  The deprecated the DocMan
documents in mid-October of 2009 and I just had them convert the
missing docs to SF MediaWiki so I could then re-create them on the
www.xastir.org MediaWiki.  Right now the two docs exist in both
places, with the SF docs having an extra note at the top stating the
current docs are at www.xastir.org.

Anyway...  I'm getting nervous that more important data may get lost
over time and I'd like to be pro-active on this instead.  While I'm
thinking about it.