[Xastir] do log files contain raw data?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 11:24:49 EST 2010

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> Do the net and tnc log files contain raw data as received on the interface?
>
> obviously not, in the case of KISS TNCs, but what about the others?

Yes.  Be careful with the Mic-E lines too 'cuz Mic-E packets can
contain unprintable ASCII characters.  You may need to view the
lines in a hex viewer to be able to see what some of the characters
are.

Also, not everything that Xastir transmits is logged.  As I recall
if you're sending out multiple interfaces we end up logging only one
example packet, not each and every transmit out each interface.  I
think we end up logging only to the NET file? plus the transmit path
we're using at the time on RF is not logged this way either.