[Xastir] map problem on MEPIS

Ian Bennett ibennett at tpg.com.au
Thu Feb 4 16:59:49 EST 2010

Rob,
	I disagree.....to a point. Doing what you describe would add to immense
overhead to the program for little gain.
	Problems and endless questions reflect on the quality of the documentation. A
gazillion configuration options is a good thing but they all must be
documented; not by a "technical writer" but someone who knows what these
options do.
	What form that documentation takes is another "discussion" however I do like
the concept of a Wiki as it is quick and easy to add information without
getting wrap around the axles about format.
	I too am taking my first steps with Xastir however I compiled from source
(Kubuntu 8.10). Where I am struggling at the moment is converting maps
between different datums. It would be nice if Xastir could use AGD66 maps.
	My initial problems stemmed from a misunderstanding in the concepts, mostly
relating to external interfaces, digipeating and what should data should be
put in those fields. I'm still chasing info on routing and filtering, when
using more than one radio interface.
	Where I am going with this you need to persist. Once I get my AGD66 maps
working properly, I'll be over the moon.

Ian
VK1IAN