[Xastir] map problem on MEPIS

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Feb 6 22:09:48 EST 2010

On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 10:00:35PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kk4r at cox.net> flavor, containing:

> Note that I didn't do anything about having automake1.9 installed versus
> automake. Should I do something about that? Is it as easy as removing
> one and installing the other? My assumption is that the right version
> needs to be there when xastir is compiled.

Automake is only used when you do the "./bootstrap" step.  As long as the
version is recent enough, it's fine.  Automake is used to generate the
Makefile.in files from Makefile.am.  If you get to the point where you can
build xastir, your version of automake works.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I think the whole automake1.9 thing was because when the instructions were
initially written, the default automake was old enough that it didn't work.
If yours is working fine, it's probably 1.9 or later (the recent version of
automake is 1.10.x, I think, and you can check what is installed on your system
with "automake --version").

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation