[Xastir] Help! Xastir on a Mac.

Timothy Gordish gordisht at me.com
Mon Feb 8 21:57:20 EST 2010

Folks,

I am certain that loading Xastir on a Mac is simple and easy, but I a
quite perplexed as to where to even begin.  The instructions I found
on line are totally cryptic.  The terms are meaningless.  The nothing
in the process is intuitive.  I am a simple Mac user, and love my Mac
because it is completely transparent to my visual way of thinking.
When my mother calls me with a computer problem, although I could
quickly fix it for her if I were there, dealing with the problem over
the phone with visual descriptions is the most hair pulling task
imaginable for me.

Now, here is the problem.  There are no acceptable fully functioning
programs for APRS that I can simply drag and drop to my Mac.  I
understand that Xastir should work, but I don't want to become a
programming wizard just to run APRS.  Can anyone help me?  Maybe you
could load Xastir on my Mac for me.  Anyone here in San Diego who can
help?

Tim
AD7AN
San Diego, CA