[Xastir] work-around for right-click problem under Cygwin

Rob Locher W7GH rob at idiompress.com
Tue Feb 9 20:21:42 EST 2010

Hi All,

I recently had a problem with XASTIR 1.9.7 installed on Cygwin.  At first
everything worked fine, but soon I had an intermittent problem: if I
right-clicked on an icon, often the mouse pointer would change from an
arrow pointing northwest to an arrow pointing northeast, and then the
program would be completely unresponsive to mouse or keyboard input.  The
same would apply for the xterm that launched XASTIR, until XASTIR was
killed by clicking the Windows red X in the upper-right corner.

I discovered a work-around.  The purpose of this email is to document the
work-around in case someone else has the same problem in the future.  The
work-around is to launch XASTIR with Num Lock on.  Then when I right-click
on an icon in XASTIR I get the familiar warning to turn off Caps Lock, Num
Lock, and Scroll Lock.  Then when I turn off Num Lock everything works
fine.

Thanks to all who took the time to consider my problem.  And thanks to all
who wrote and who maintain XASTIR.  What a cool program!

73,
- Rob W7GH