[Xastir] tamu down Tiger2006SE alternatives?

Kurt Savegnago ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 10 18:40:39 EST 2010

Yeeeeeehaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!,

  Thanks Gerry.  Will try to get Ky and Ak later when I get home from work.
I have a 40gb drive with Slack 13 on it I can try to use and monkey around
with more up to date map files but in the meantime this is good enouugh.  I tried a couple of years ago to convert the 08 shapefiles (I believe) and it didn't turn out very well. That was before the instructions in the wiki and I didn't know about this group.  Plus it was tedious to download the counties line by line.  Perhaps wget can get them all at once?  The thing about the 06SE most of the names are there and its just unpack and go. I've seen a little distortion that folks mention but when I zoom in, it disappears.  Interestingly, I've never seen the city names displayed but the streets are generally all there.
I'm not interested in location per se like finding restaurants or what have you so I don't miss that at all.

                          Best regards,
                          Kurt Savegnago KC9LDH