[Xastir] [solved] Can't compile with geotiff

Bill Hammond ka1ssr at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 11 20:36:16 EST 2010

> > From: Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com>
> > To: ka1ssr at earthlink.net, Xastir - APRS client software discussion
> > <xastir at lists.xastir.org>
> > Subject: Re: [Xastir] Can't compile with geotiff
> > Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:49:51 -0800 (PST)
> >
> > On Wed, 10 Feb 2010, Bill Hammond wrote:
> >
> > > I'm having trouble compiling geotiff support into 1.9.8 under Ubuntu
> > > 9.10.  The configure phase works fine, but the make aborts halfway
> > > through.  Everything works fine when I use the --without-geotiff option
> > > on configure.  I looked for libtiff, libgeotiff and libproj on my machine and they're located
> > > at /usr/lib.  Am I missing something?
> >
> > http://www.xastir.org/wiki/Installation_Notes#Ubuntu
> >
> > Also check out the INSTALL file that comes with Xastir if the above
> > Wiki page doesn't get it working for you.

Thanks for the pointer to the wiki, Curt.  I suppose I should have tried
there next.  I was going by the instructions in the INSTALL file.

I tried to point configure to the right directories, but I wasn't sure
of the syntax and was getting all kinds of rude errors from configure.

All is well (except for weather stuff, but that's not important now).

Many thanks for your help!

Bill KA1SSR