[Xastir] make problems on OSX

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Fri Feb 12 18:07:39 EST 2010

On Feb 12, 2010, at 5:51 PM, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> WOW! When you set your mind to something it gets done. The Law's gain is our loss.

Today's my day off, and I'm trying not to think about The Law for a while, so compiling up a quick Xastir distribution wasn't a huge deal.

> I did as you said, downloaded and installed the new version. I made a backup of my maps but that was not needed. Mine are in /usr/local/share/xastir/maps and were not touched by the binary in anything but good ways.

It looks like the map paths are in xastir.cnf, so if you already have them somewhere else, it's not a problem.  If you had them inside the App dir, it's going to obliterate them.  I'll have to change my xastir.cnf by hand to put them where I want them.

> The png snapshot now works great as you can see by looking here; http://www.kckaiserklan.com/snapshot.html
>
> Thank you so much Jeremy, I'm now a happy Mac user. I have the most current version of Xastir (1.9.9) running, and all the little things I do with it function properly.

I'm glad it worked out for you.  Let me know if you run into any problems and I'll see if I can run them down.

--
Jeremy McDermond
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com