[Xastir] make problems on OSX

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Fri Feb 12 19:43:25 EST 2010

On Feb 12, 2010, at 7:24 PM, Keith Kaiser wrote:

> Jeremy,
>
> I know, I know its me again.

No worries, I'm always glad to help.

> Was just wondering, I usually run the get-fcc-rac.pl script after loading Xastir in order to pick up the station information. Is there something simple I can do to make this work too?

I haven't tested it, but the script just places everything in /usr/local/share/xastir by default.  My bundle expects things in /Applications/Xastir.app/Contents/Resources/share/xastir instead.  You can either copy the contents of the fcc directory to /Applications/Xastir.app/Contents/Resources/share/xastir:

cp -r /usr/local/share/xastir/fcc /Applications/Xastir.app/Contents/Resources/share/xasitr

or, probably better, make a symbolic link:

ln -s /usr/local/share/xastir/fcc /Applications/Xastir.app/Contents/Resources/share/xasitr

Those have to be executed from the command line in Terminal.

Again, these should probably be in /Library/Application Support/Xastir instead.

--
Jeremy McDermond
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com