[Xastir] the fedora 12 right click problem fix...

KA7O ka7o at ka7o.net
Tue Feb 16 20:07:12 EST 2010

On 02/16/2010 10:17 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Feb 2010, Kevin Paetzold wrote:
>
>> The fix for the fedora 12 right click problem seems to have finally
>> made it
>> into the regular fedora 12 "stable" updates. This means that updating
>> your
>> config via the normal update mechanisms will now pick up the fix
>> instead of
>> having to manually download the 2 pkgs as per my previous email from
>> Feb 2.
>
> Good. I wonder if I should remove the FAQ entry about it too...

Maybe not remove it, but update it to the 'new' fix. Simply run:

yum update

The F12 DVDs and such are still being distributed. So long as a user
does an update, they're fine. But if not - they may run into this issue.
It's the kind of question that's likely to come up again and again, even
after F13 is released in May.

An idea might be to follow the Fedora 'support' time-line. Only keep
Xastir's Fedora specific notes and such for the current version and 1
release back. When F14 is released, it'd be appropriate to drop F12
specific notes.

Make sense to anyone else?