[Xastir] What am I doing????

Chip G. n1mie at mac.com
Sun Feb 21 16:26:29 EST 2010

OK, I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing something wrong (or right). I've received two odd messages about APRS in the past 24 hours. One asked how much power I was running because he could hear me in the maritimes of Canada. The second asked if I was running 1500 watts or more. The second sent me this path as evidence: <http://www.mountainlake.k12.mn.us/ham/aprs/path.cgi?map=na>. As of right now it shows that I am propagating all over the east coast of the US and Canada. This is pretty odd since I don't even have an RF capable path setup in Xastir right now (my radio is out for repairs).

Here's another page showing my range to be 1,400 km:
Stations Within Grid FN41
Last
Heard	Call	Grid	Received
Count	Range