[Xastir] Station Info

James Cameron vk2lqz at wia.org.au
Sun Jan 3 19:24:33 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 06:09:19PM -0600, Tim Billingsley wrote:
> ButtonPress event, serial 31, synthetic NO, window 0x3a00001,
>     root 0x13b, subw 0x0, time 2149233, (94,76), root:(1193,888),
>     state 0x10, button 1, same_screen YES

Your X server is delivering button events with a state mask of 0x10,
which is Mod2Mask from /usr/include/X11/X.h ... so there is a modifier
key defined in the keymap, and the key is currently pressed.

Show me the output of:

	xmodmap -pm
	xmodmap -pke

What I hope to find is which keycode and name is associated with Mod2,
so that you can identify it on the keyboard and try pressing and
releasing it.  Sometimes a latching or toggle key on a keyboard is
anchored to a modifier.

(xmodmap is in the package x11-xserver-utils).

Otherwise, the button numbers look fine.

I don't know for sure your cut and paste problem is due to the state
mask, but I've had that problem before.  So it is good to check.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/