[Xastir] Sending Messages

Chip G. n1mie at mac.com
Tue Jan 5 22:42:54 EST 2010

I am happy to report that now that I've re-updated to the new CVS commit things are working again. The down side of sometimes living on the bleeding edge.

OpenMotif was mentioned in the conversation. I'm unlikely to try it again. I've had very very bad luck with it every time I've tried on a Mac (FreeBSD) system. LessTif is the only one that seems to work.

I have a cron activity which daily does a "cvs -n update" and emails me the result for each of my 4 machines that have Xastir installed. Then usually a few days to a week after a new commit I will update to it and recompile. Typically I only do this on one or two machines and leave the other one for a couple more weeks before having it join the bleeding edge.

On Jan 1, 2010, at 12:59, Tom Russo wrote:

> The documentation commit was not an accident.  The commit of db.c changes
> *was*, and Jerry said as much in his undo-commit ("Recall one of my tests from
> the wild. It escaped before its' time.")

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn