[Xastir] Best of Both Worlds

Keith Kaiser wa0tjt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 18:37:49 EST 2010

I've been playing with this for a couple of hours now and here is what I learned.

If I start MacTNC first, I can't run Xastir, with the TNC even after quitting MacTNC.
If I reboot then start Xastir it sees and hears the TNC just fine.

If I try to bring up MacTNC at the same time Xastir is up I get a 'Unable to open Port' error. No surprise, since they would both be trying to use the same port.

If I quit Xastir, then launch MacTNC everything works great.

I'm guessing Xastir is playing nice and releasing its resources when its quit. But not so for MacTNC because Xastir can't find the port after MacTNC quits.

Any thoughts here?