[Xastir] Saved Tracks + Open Logs

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Jan 16 01:21:48 EST 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:48:03PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <n1mie at mac.com> flavor, containing:
> What I did:
> 1. Contextually clicked on a station (brought up the object/station menu).
> 2. Selected "Station Info" from the menu.
> 3. Clicked on the "Store Track" button.
> 4. Turned off all interfaces.
> 5. Cleared all stations.
> 6. Selected "Open Log File" from the "File" menu.
> 7. Navigated to the 'tracklog' directory and attempted top open each of the files.
> 8. Observed nothing happening. (Expected it to load the saved track.)
>

> I thought this had come up before and some code had been committed to make this work, but I can't make it work, am I doing something wrong or is this an incomplete feature?

There has never been code in Xastir to read in stored station tracks.  It was
never implemented.

Open Log File only handles the log files for things like TNC and Net interfaces.

You can save tracks as shapefiles and as KML.  Shapefiles can be read back
in, but you have to copy them to the maps directory and index them.  They will
not appear as anything but map layers, though.

There is currently no way to reconstruct a station record from saved data in
Xastir other than the raw TNC or Net log file data, or from a Fetch Findu Trail
command.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation