[Xastir] Snapshot problems

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sun Jan 17 12:11:04 EST 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:57:08AM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <lee.bengston at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> On 1/17/10, Tom Russo <russo at bogodyn.org> wrote:
>
> > Until last week, the 9.04 page had broken instructions and did not even
> > include xorg-dev.  But leaving that out makes xastir uncompilable, so I
> > don't think that's the issue --- you must have installed that one even though
> > it was missing from the wiki instructions.  But it's one of:
> >
> > xorg-dev libmotif-dev graphicsmagick gv libxp-dev
> >
> > that's getting things installed on 9.10, at any rate.
>
> Actually the lack of xorg-dev in the instructions was the issue.  I
> have installed Xastir in both 9.04 and 9.10 using the previous
> installation notes version that did not include xorg-dev, and it still
> compiled. That's how the remastered iso images were done as well.
> Although Xastir still compiles, it is compiled without libxpm-dev,
> which I assume gets installed as a dependency of xorg-dev.

Bizarre.

When I tried to build on 9.10 with the 9.04 instructions that lacked xorg-dev,
Xastir wouldn't even compile (X11.h wasn't installed).

xorg-dev appeared in all previous versions of the Ubnutu instructions, so I
assumed it was an accidental omission.  9.04's dependencies must have pulled
pieces of it in that 9.10's didn't.  Odd.

At any rate, xorg-dev should be listed, regardless, and has been for a few
days.

  In some cultures what I do would be considered normal.
                                  -- Ineffective daily affirmation