[Xastir] Xastir on recent Gentoo: right-click menus don't work

Joe Veldhuis jvn8fq at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 21:47:22 EST 2010

Well, I just can't figure this one out. Running a recent (late last month) build of Gentoo on two very different machines (4-core Opteron desktop running amd64 build, single-core P4 laptop running x86 build), both with the same versions of Xorg (1.7.3) and all libraries.

Xastir compiles with no errors or unusual warnings and runs fine. Menubar menus and dialogs work fine. However, as soon as I right-click anywhere on the map display, the mouse cursor changes to the enlongated, right-facing cursor and all keyboard input and mouse clicks cease to function. I have to hit Ctrl-Alt-2 to get out of X and kill xastir from there to get input working again. Seems like the menu is grabbing input, but not actually showing up afterward.

Worth noting is that Baudline does the same exact thing. Any ideas?

-Joe, N8FQ