[Xastir] Tracking

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 16:11:42 EST 2010

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010, Tom Russo wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 02:57:26PM -0600, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kd5ckp at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
>> Just curious. I know there has to be a reason, but why isn't Tracking
>> one of the right click options? Or did I just overlook something.
>
> It's because nobody ever sat down and implemented it that way.

Actually I once did sit down to implement it that way.  Then I
figured out that finding the nearest station to the mouse click was
a complicated mess, and the Station Info dialog already did it.  The
function was then added to the Station Info dialog.  It could be
implement as it's own function in the right-click menu but it would
take more work to generalize the functions so that several places in
the code could use the "locate station from mouse click" function.