[Xastir] online maps

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Sat Jan 23 17:23:22 EST 2010

On Jan 23, 2010, at 5:06 PM, Chip G. wrote:

> On Jan 23, 2010, at 16:05, David Flood wrote:
>
>>> Rehash does nothing, command not found.
>>
>> That just means you are using one of the less common variations of
>> shells. Most bash/tcsh type shells implement some sort of rehash
>> command to rebuild the list of known commands.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean. I use Mac OS, which is a variant of the
> popular FreeBSD unix.

MacOS isn't really a "FreeBSD variant."  It's a hacked up Mach
microkernel with a 4.4 BSD server on top of it that Apple's tried to
make look as much like FreeBSD as possible.  There's some code sharing
there, but the relationship to FreeBSD is shaky at best.  For example,
the threading models are completely different because Mach has a
native idea of threads that is much different than FreeBSD.

> I tried typing "rehash" on a command line and it didn't know what I
> meant, and this is with bash. I did a 'man rehash' and got a very
> lengthy description of builtin commands, which includes rehash, so
> it's odd that it didn't work for me (unless I'm not using it right).
> So it's quite possible that the other gentleman is having the same
> problem. It could very well be that it's not as simple as just
> "rehash" ...

rehash is a csh thing (which means tcsh too).  Bourne and Korn shell
to my knowledge never had a cache that needed to be rebuilt.

Doesn't Xastir use libcurl instead of the curl command if it's been
compiled in?  This would make the paths irrelevant.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com