[Xastir] Xastir messaging question

Tom Hayward esarfl at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 14:14:39 EST 2010

> I have the AX.25 interface set to not transmit. I can see the messages
> on findu.com it's just that they don't seem to be making it through.

If the messages are making it to findu, it's likely that this is not
your problem at all. The station you are sending the message to needs
to be connected to the APRS-IS,  OR  there needs to be a properly
configured bi-directional i-gate in his area that has heard his
beacons. It's possible there is just no bi-directional i-gate within
range of your friend. Getting messages from internet to RF is not a
reliable process because there are a lot of poorly-configured i-gates.

Tom KD7LXL