[Xastir] OSM offline

Thomas Sprinzing thomas at sprinzing.org
Wed Jul 7 05:17:29 EDT 2010

I don't know if we wrote chinese, but after reading into the posts about cacheing and tiling, i think so.

Some of us have pointed out -weeks ago - that there are places on the net where you can download ***shapefiles*** generated from OSM data.  On a per-country or on a per-continent basis.
Please crawl the list posts.

It is just the matter for some knowledgable people to write a decent dbfawk file and put it to work.

If that happened, i'd be happy if the person would put it into the public domain.

cheers

Thomas