[Xastir] "ICE default IO error handler ... errno=32" in 1.9.9

Peter Gamache peter+aprs at duonet.net
Wed Jul 7 12:47:11 EDT 2010

On Xubuntu 10.04, I'm running CVS 1.9.9.  The version I'm running is from
CVS about two weeks ago.  I tried an update today and something in map_tif.c
is broken, so it won't compile - but that's a different issue.

Any idea what to do next for troubleshooting?

Thanks,
-Peter KC0TFB

After starting my current version, I see (with "-m -v 4095"):

[lots of map indexing snipped]
Number of maps queried: 7
Number of maps queried: 12
Number of maps queried: 1241
Number of maps queried: 0
Number of maps queried: 1
Number of maps queried: 1
Number of maps queried: 4
map_indexer: Returned from map_search
map_indexer() middle
Finished indexing maps
map_indexer() end
*** Reading WX Alert log files
fill_in_new_alert_entries start
fill_in_new_alert_entries end
*** Done with WX Alert log files
Port Available 0
Opening a Serial KISS TNC device
Found an existing lockfile /var/lock/LCK..ttyS0 for this port!
Lock is stale!  Removing it.
Changing euid to 1000 and egid to 1000
Changing euid to 1000 and egid to 1000
Changing euid to 1000 and egid to 1000
Changing euid to 1000 and egid to 1000
Create lock file /var/lock/LCK..ttyS0
Changing euid to 1000 and egid to 1000
Changing euid to 1000 and egid to 1000
*** add_device: ok: 1 ***
Start port 0 threads
*** Startup of read/write threads for port 0 ***
End port 0 threads
Port 0 read start
Port 0 write start
ICE default IO error handler doing an exit(), pid = 9338, errno = 32