[Xastir] OSM Example DBFAWK File

James Ewen ve6srv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 21:03:05 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 6:59 AM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here I saw problems with the Canadian border -and- the west border
> of Whatcom county, plus a typo:  "Insterstate 90" at Snoqualmie
> Pass.  I'm sure I'll find more as I play.  If someone who's familiar
> with OSM knows the easiest method for updating the database, please
> let all of us know.

The easiest solution is to do what Andrew has already done... get you
to fix it yourself.

I was looking to see if I could find the issues you are trying to
point out, but it is a little difficult to find right where you are
looking at. If you are looking at the OSM map, in the bottom right,
there are a couple links. Hit the permalink, and the URL will change.
Copy the URL, and paste that into a message. Anyone clicking on that
URL link will be taken to the exact view that you were looking at.

Here's a link to Point Roberts.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=48.9903&lon=-123.0332&zoom=13&layers=00B0FTF

This is the Cycle Map rendering. I chose that since the Cycle Map
rendering shows county outlines. If you look, you can see the county
outline (dotted line) doesn't quite follow the coast line. This is
because there was a bulk import of Tiger data for the USA. As we all
know, the Tiger data is less than perfect. The good thing about OSM is
that anyone can create a user account, and with a little pointing and
clicking, fix the poor Tiger data, and make the OSM map better.

James
VE6SRV