[Xastir] Possible maps bug

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 18:31:41 EDT 2010

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010, Jerry Dunmire wrote:

> Until I get the tiles working, the work-around will have to be- use a
> smaller window. Sorry about that.

Note that the MS Terraserver also has a problem with larger images:
It returns a smaller image than you requested if your Xastir window
is too large, then Xastir assumes it got back what was requested and
georeferences it incorrectly.  In that case the fix is the same:
Use a smaller window.  Again, if we were requesting tiles from the
server we could avoid this problem, but we're not.

The above describes similar problems as you're experiencing with
OSM, but with an entirely different remote server and different bits
of code in Xastir accessing it.  I just figured it was worth a
mention since other people may run across it.