[Xastir] Ubuntu Binary - additional question

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 09:47:34 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:13 AM, Amateur Radio WB8NUT <duffy at wb8nut.com> wrote:
>  Lee,
>
> Was the binary compiled with Festival? Festival works, but unable to get
> Xastir speech to produce anything.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Duffy
> www.wb8nut.com

Duffy,

Yes it was.  If you click Help --> About, you can see it among other
items that were compiled in.  With Festival, you have to start the
server before starting Xastir.   Entering 'festival --server &' at the
command prompt (without the quotes) will do it.  Then via File -->
Configure --> Speech you can test it with the test button.  I have the
new binary installed in Kubuntu, and text to speech works.

There's a blurb about using Festival in the HowTo for installing from
source.  I'll plan to add it to the HowTo for the binary.

Regards,
Lee - K5DAT