[Xastir] Installing latest on hardy?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 17:54:51 EDT 2010

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010, Jim wrote:

> Thanks for the info on ax25.  I was able to (I think) get it connected to my
> modem.  Have no idea if it's working yet, but at least it put the tnc into
> kiss mode.

Are you sure about that last?  Typically you have to put the TNC
into KISS mode on your own via a terminal program.

> I downloaded the latest source and did the bootstrap.sh and configure steps.
> In the INSTALL file, there are only two manditory dependencies.  I have
> satisfied both of them and the ./configure command kicked out some warnings
> but completed.  However the make failed almost immediately.  Should this work
> on Ubuntu 8.04?

Without any indication of the error message we're in the dark as to
what to tell you.

Have you seen the HOWTO documents specific to various Ubuntu flavors
on the www.xastir.org web pages?  I'd suggest following those as
many have come before you and succeeded with that method.