[Xastir] Install Problem

Glenn Starling multifacetedguy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 12:23:25 EDT 2010

I am using the Ubuntu Studio version of Ubuntu 10.4, which is their video
studio version.  I am following the How-To: Ubuntu 10.04 instructions.  I
opted for the UbuntuGIS version of the Everything is fine until I got to the
commandto ../configure.

  The results are as follows:

checking for gawk... gawk

Configuring xastir 1.9.9

checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/home/glenn/src/xastir/build':
See `config.log' for more details.
glenn at video:~/src/xastir/build$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.

So, the gcc compiler is there but doesnt work?  I saw in the configure
script the note that it tested for broken compilers, but I couldn
quite figure out what test it was performing, or what dependency was
missing that would make it fail to work properly.  Very possibly, the
media studio edition of Ubuntu doesn´t have some of the libraries
installed that the desktop version has.  If that is so, which do I
add?

I realize this may be more of a compiler or Ubuntu problem than a
Xastir problem, but I´m confused!  Thanks for any help you can offer.

-- Glenn Starling