[Xastir] Install Problem

Glenn Starling multifacetedguy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 18:20:09 EDT 2010

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010, Rick Green wrote:

> So what's in config.log???  ..... Try this - if the pieces are
> already there, it won't hurt, but it may pull in the missing piece or two:
>
> `sudo apt-get install build-essential make automake`

The log file contains the error message I posted in the original email.  I
also tried the install statement, and it indicated the packages were already
installed.  I also tried a reinstall, but no difference.

Also, Jim suggested the build-essential package, so I also looked for
missing dependencies of it, and didn't find any.  He also suggested the
libc6-dev package.  It also was installed. I still get the same problem.

Then I started working on a different computer, my laptop, with the Kubuntu
desktop version.  I decided to go with the install script, which ran fine
and installed quickly.  I plan to go back to the Ubuntu Studio computer
either later today or tomorrow, and will probably remove the xastir program
and install using the script.  It appears to be the easiest way.  (I had
been reluctant to use it as the last time I had installed Xasitr on a
computer predated the script, so I thought it was "safer" to do it manually
following the How-to than try a "new" script.  I probably made a goof in
following the directions somewhere.)  I'll let you guys know if I encounter
any further problem.  I really expect the script will work more accurately
and much quicker.

Thanks for your help!

-- Glenn